Officials Warn About Detectors After Carbon Monoxide Sickens 14 | NBC Connecticut

Officials Warn About Detectors After Carbon Monoxide Sickens 14

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    State officials are urging homeowners to get carbon monoxide detectors after people became sick in two separate incidents this weekend.

    Five people at a supervised living facility on Charis Road in Manchester were taken to Hartford Hospital on Sunday after becoming sick.

    Firefighters received the call just before 8 a.m. reporting hat one person in the home was vomiting and the others weren't feeling well.

    Tests found dangerous levels of carbon monoxide caused by a faulty furnace. There were no carbon monoxide detectors in the home, firefighters said.

    On Saturday, emergency cres responded to Smith Avenue when a family member came home to find everyone in a groggy state and they immediately called 911. A leaky furnace caused the problem, officials said.

    Nine people are recovering.