A medical marijuana dispensary has opened in Bristol, becoming the second to open in Connecticut.
The Healing Corner is inviting patients with a Connecticut Medical Marijuana Card to come by for a tour starting today.
Thames Valley Apothecary, LLC, at 1100 Norwich-New London Turnpike (Route 32), in Uncasville, is also taking appointments with patients starting today.
Connecticut was one of the first states in the nation to pass a law to approve medical marijuana, which allowed a doctor to prescribe the substance to relieve nausea associated with chemotherapy and the treatment of glaucoma. The law was passed in 1981, according to the governor’s office.
In 2012, Malloy signed the law to allow licensed physicians to prescribe medicinal marijuana for adults suffering from certain debilitating diseases or medical condition.
The state has approved six dispensaries.
The first to open its doors was Prime Wellness of Connecticut, which opened in South Windsor in August.
- Arrow Alternative Care, Inc., at 92 Weston Street #16 in Hartford Arrow Alternative Care will open soon, according to its Web site and Facebook page.
- Bluepoint Apothecary, LLC, at 469 East Main Street in Branford, is scheduled to open this week.
- D & B Wellness, LLC, at 4 Garella Road in Bethel, will open on Sept. 12. The open house will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Prime Wellness of Connecticut, LLC, at 75 John Fitch Boulevard in South Windsor, is now open
- Thames Valley Apothecary, LLC, at 1100 Norwich-New London Turnpike (Route 32), in Uncasville, is taking appointments with patients starting today.
- The Healing Corner, Inc., at 159 East Main Street in Bristol