- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup onions -thinly sliced
- ¾ cup Asian cabbage - shredded finely
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup cooked chicken - cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 8 lettuce leaves - Bibb, Romaine, etc., washed and dried
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 4 Tbsp. cilantro leaves - rough chopped or torn
- For garnish: lime wedges
- Heat a sauté pan on medium high heat. Add the vegetable oil and the onions. Cook for 2 minutes, but do not brown. Add the cabbage amd water, cover tightly and steam for 1 minute. Add the chicken, hoisin sauce and vinegar. Stir together and heat until hot.
- To assemble, lay the lettuce leaves out. Divide the rice, shredded carrots, and cilantro leaves among the lettuce leaves. Top with the hot chicken mixture and roll up and enjoy served with lime wedges.
Lincoln Culinary Institute: www.lincolnculinary.com