- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup pure Connecticut maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 egg yolks
- ¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a saucepan combine the cream, maple syrup and salt. Bring to a simmer, whisking. Reserve.
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl. Temper the mixture by gradually adding the hot milk and cream mixture to the egg yolks while whisking. Strain the custard.
- Pour into four single serving ramekins. Place in a baking dish and add enough hot water to come halfway up the ramekins.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until the custard is jiggly and a paring knife inserted comes out clean. Cool thoroughly and serve with fresh fruit and a crisp cookie.