This recipe serves one to two people.
- 6 slices of semi-hard Brie cheese
- 2 slices of French sourdough bread or ciabatta
- 1 medium semi ripe pear you can use whatever is in season Bosc, Bartlett or Anjou
- 2 tbsps. of butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup of craisins
- 1/4 cup of arugula
- 1/4 tsp. of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spread butter on both slices of bread.
- Place both slices of bread, butter side down in a skillet on a medium flame.
- Wash and core pear. Use larger slices about 3-4.
- In a bowl add arugula olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper toss lightly.
- Place Brie slices on top of bread slices facing up
- Add pear slices on top of brie
- Place arugula on top of pears
- Place Craisins on top of pear
- Place second slice of bread on top
- Turn heat down and flip over sandwich and place lid on top of pan
- Let it cook until both sides of bread are brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove from pan, slice and enjoy.
For more information head to www.ShopEatandSleep.com.