Connecticut's daily COVID-19 positivity rate fell to 3.74% on Wednesday.
That is down from Tuesday's 5.26% infection rate.
There was a net decrease in coronavirus-related hospitalizations of five, according to data from the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
The state saw one new death related to COVID-19.
Wednesday's numbers were released just hours before the state opens eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccine to everyone age 16 and older. Thursday, that group of people will be able to schedule appointments for vaccinations.
Full coverage of the COVID-19 outbreak and how it impacts you
How to Get an Appointment for a COVID-19 Vaccine in Connecticut
By phone: Call Connecticut’s Vaccine Appointment Assist Line at 877-918-2224, seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for scheduling at select sites.
Online: Schedule a COVID-19 vaccination appointment in VAMS, the Vaccine Administration Management System.
- Fill out the form to let the Department of Public health know you are interested in creating an account in VAMS. If you are currently eligible to receive the vaccine then you should receive an email from VAMS to complete your registration within 12 hours. Click here to create an account.
- Check for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Click on the link in the email and create your account. You will be prompted to retrieve a code that will be emailed to you. You will need to create a password and store it in a safe place.
- If you forgot your password, the "forgot password" link on the login page can only be used if you have created a password as part of your VAMS registration.
- Complete your VAMS registration.
- The first question that will be asked in VAMS is “Have you already registered as a vaccine recipient with VAMS?” The answer to this question is “No.”
- Questions with a red asterisk are mandatory.
- Insurance information does not need to be entered.
- You will be prompted to share some additional information about yourself.
- In order for VAMS to recognize your option chosen for race, click on your choice in the box on the left and click the right-pointing arrow to move your choice to the box on the right.
- Use your zip code to search for clinics near you in VAMS.
- The system will automatically search for clinics within a 10-mile radius of your zip code, but you may choose up to 100 miles from the dropdown menu, which might provide more clinic locations in your search results.
- You might need to check multiple clinic locations to find an available appointment. Find a slot that works for you, and book your appointment.
Providers With Their Own Vaccine Sign-Ups
- CVS Pharmacy
- New Britain
- New Haven
- Windsor Locks
- Hartford Healthcare
- Middlesex Health
- UCONN Health
- Stamford Health
- Walgreens: Access the scheduler here
- Jewett City
- Stafford Springs
- Walmart. Click here to schedule your vaccine
- East Windsor
- New Haven
- North Windham
- West Haven
- Yale New Haven Health