Man Sustains Serious Injuries in Broad Street Fire - NBC Connecticut

Man Sustains Serious Injuries in Broad Street Fire

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    How to Control Your Devices (So They Don't Control You)
    Doug Greene, NBC Connecticut
    One man was wounded in a fire in Meriden.

    A man was seriously injured when he was trapped inside a boarding house in Meriden on Tuesday.

    Firefighters from all three fire departments in Meriden responded to the blaze at 531 Broad St. and found a man trapped on the second floor. He was taken down a back stairway and EMS was treating him, Meriden Fire Chief James Trainor said.

    Before pulling the man from the building, fire officials removed a woman from the first-floor room, where the fire started, Trainor said.

    Everyone one else made it out of the building safely. Three adults were displacedm , according to the American Red Cross.

    Officials said the cause seems to be accidental. 

    The building is located just down the street from a firehouse once threatened for closure.