Hospitals across Connecticut are making accommodations as the blizzard approaches.
Yale-New Haven Hospital is open throughout the storm, but many elective surgeries are being re-scheduled.
The emergency departments at Yale-New Haven, on the Saint Raphael campus and at the Shoreline Medical Center remain open around the clock. The Yale Health Center Urgent Care facility will remain open, but all non-emergency appointments for Tuesday have been canceled.
Windham and Backus hospitals will be open during the storm, but all Windham and Backus Hospital offsite health centers are closed on Tuesday and all Windham and Backus hospital community meetings and support groups are cancelled on Monday and Tuesday.
Bridgeport Hospital's Fairfield Urgent Care Center, at 309 Stillson Road, will open at 10 a.m. on Tuesday.
Norwalk Hospital is operating normally, but some out-patient medical offices will be closed because of the storm.
Norwalk Hospital OP Psychiatric Clinic will close at noon on Tuesday with plans to re-open at noon on noon. Norwalk Hospital Occupational Health and Rehabilitation Services will close at 2 p.m. on Monday with plans to re-open at noon on Wednesday.
The following out-patient medical offices in Norwalk are closed after 5 p.m. on Monday and on Tuesday.
- Norwalk Hospital Physicians and Surgeons
- Norwalk Hospital Radiology Services
- Norwalk Radiology and Mammography Center (NRMC)
- Westport Radiology
- New Canaan Radiology
- Cross Street Radiology
- Norwalk Hospital Lab Draw Stations
Call your physician or outpatient office to reschedule your appointment and re-confirm appointments before travelling on Wednesday.
Danbury Hospital and New Milford Hospital are also operating normally, but some out-patient medical offices iwill be closed after 5 p.m on Monday and on Tuesday.
- Western CT Medical Group Practices
- Western CT Health Network Imaging Centers
- Western CT Health Network Lab Draw Stations
- Danbury Hospital’s Seifert & Ford Family Community Health Center
- Ridgefield Surgery Center
The Central Hospital for Veterinary Medicine will remain open throughout the blizzard and several staff members will be staying at the hospital for the next two days to make sure there will not be any disruption in care.
There will be no elective surgeries at Lawrence + Memorial Hospital, Westerly Hospital or Pequot Health Center in Groton on Tuesday. They will resume at 11 a.m. on Wednesday.
The following outpatient locations and services will be closing today at 3 p.m. and are scheduled to reopen Wednesday at 11 a.m.
- L+M Cancer Center in Waterford
- L+M Medical Group (all services at all sites, including walk-in centers)
- Outpatient Diagnostic Imaging (all L+M and WH locations)
- Outpatient Laboratory Services (all L+M and WH locations)
- Outpatient Rehab Services (all L+M and WH locations)
- Wound Center in Waterford
- Sleep Center (open Wednesday night for testing)
- Cardiac Rehab (L+M)
- Pulmonary Rehab (L+M)
- Employee Health (L+M)
- Occupational Health Center at Pequot
- Neurodiagnostics (EEG and EMG)
- Employee and Occupational Health (Westerly)
All inpatient and emergency department functions at both hospitals and Pequot Health Center are operating on a normal schedule.
Bridgeport Hospital is posting all weather-related closings on its website.