Two more people have been arrested in a drug raid at an on-campus townhouse Wednesday at Southern Connecticut State University.
Early Wednesday morning, Connecticut State Police carried out a warrant in student housing on Pine Rock Avenue in Hamden. Inside, they seized 242 prescription pills (valued at $12,000), $3,500 worth of marijuana, $900 cash, and drug paraphernalia, according to state police. Nine people have been arrested.
The arrests follow a six-month investigation of possible drug activity. In October, SCSU Police suspected drug activity on campus, and asked State Police to assist them in an investigation.
Thursday, two people surrendered to state police:
- Stephen Ninesling, 19, of Oakland, N.J.
- Dean Smith, 18, of Danbury
Earlier this week, seven people arrested in the bust were:
- Patrick Benjamin, 22, of Hamden
- Donte Blackjmon, 18, of Hamden
- Terrance Cramer, 24, of New Haven
- Blaire Dawson, 18, of Trumbull
- Connor Heney, 18, of Weymouth, MA
- Christopher Marullo, 19, of Cos Cob
- Odarius Turner, 23, of Teaneck, NJ
State Police charged the seven suspects with varying degrees of drug offenses.
Two more arrests are expected in the case, according to State Police.