A three-alarm fire destroyed Gino's Steak House at 1003 Boston Post Road in West Haven this morning.
It took firefighters two hours to get the blaze under control and the building is a total loss, according to officials.
Fortunately, no one was injured. Gino's was closed and in the process of undergoing renovations, people in the area said.
The smoke billowing from the building this morning was visible from miles away. The busy Boston Post Road was closed and several area businesses were evacuated, which had a big impact.
"There’s been a lot of customers that have been coming in and trying to sneak through," Sammy Rivera, of West Haven, said.
Gino's opened in May at the site of the former Chuck's steakhouse. Neighbors said the restaurant was opened for a few months and shut down.
The company's Web site says this was the first steakhouse to offer a salad bar in the Northeast.