The daycare at Hamden High School will be closed today after fire broke out this morning.
The fire was reported at 7:41 a.m. and officials said it started at the stove.
Staff members were there when the fire started, but a teacher said no children were there because they do not arrive until 9 a.m.
One staff member was injured while trying to open a heavy window near the fire to clear smoke suffered a hand injury, but refused a ride in the ambulance to the hospital.
Students were evacuated and brought to the football field until it was safe to return, but were allowed back in just before 9 a.m.
While firefighters were responding to the fire, there was an unrelated fire in an electrical shed next to Louis Astorino Skating Rink that controls the outdoor lighting.
Firefighters got that fire under control in a short time an no injuries are reported.