The Litchfield Middle and High Schools dismissed early Monday after they were evacuated because of a small fire.
School officials confirmed that the buildings, located at 14 Plumb Hill Road, were evacuated at approximately 7:30 a.m. No injuries were reported and the fire was quickly extinguished.
The fire appears to have been caused by an electrical malfunction in the gym, according to a post on the school's website.
All students and staff were evacuated and relocated to the Litchfield Intermediate School. Students were dismissed for the day a short time later.