Three kids were transported to the hospital after an irritant was found in the air near the dance floor at the hotel where a Stonington prom was being held on Saturday and police said Wednesday that they determined that a Stonington High School student accidentally discharged pepper spray.
Two officers were working the Stonington senior prom at the Mystic Marriott when they got a report of an irritant that was found near the dance floor around 9:45 p.m., according to police.
The irritant was found because some kids started to cough. Three kids were transported to the hospital, treated and released, school officials said.
Police said no criminal charges are expected because the student did not intend to harm anyone at prom.