The swimming area at Quaddick State Park in Thompson is closed due to water quality.
The state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection said the water will be retested today and the results are expected tomorrow.
The Mashamoquet Brook State Park swim area in Pomfret is closed for the 2022 season for maintenance.
DEEP staff members take water samples weekly and the state Department of Public Health lab tests them for the presence of certain bacteria.
Get Connecticut local news, weather forecasts and entertainment stories to your inbox. Sign up for NBC Connecticut newsletters.
Local health departments are responsible for sampling municipal beaches and swimming areas.
Swimming Areas DEEP Tests
- Hammonasset Beach State Park in Madison
- Rocky Neck State Park in Niantic
- Sherwood Island State Park in Westport
- Silver Sands State Park in Milford
- Black Rock State Park in Watertown
- Burr Pond State Park in Torrington
- Chatfield Hollow State Park in Killingworth
- Cockaponset State Forest (Pattaconk) in Chester
- Day Pond State Park in Colchester
- Gardner Lake State Park in Salem
- Gay City State Park in Hebron
- Hopeville Pond State Park in Griswold
- Indian Well State Park in Shelton
- Lake Waramaug State Park in Kent
- Mashamoquet Brook State Park in Pomfret
- Mount Tom State Park in Litchfield
- Pachaug State Forest (Green Falls Pond) in Voluntown
- Quaddick State Park in Thompson
- Squantz Pond State Park in New Fairfield
- Stratton Brook State Park in Simsbury
- Wadsworth Falls State Park in Middlefield
- Wharton Brook State Park in Wallingford
Sign up for our Breaking newsletter to get the most urgent news stories in your inbox.