This recipe serves four people or more.
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup peeled, ¼-inch diced potatoes, any favorite variety
- 1¼ cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 8 basil leaves, cut into fine strips
- To taste, salt and black pepper
- Heat a heavy-bottom soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil and onions.
- Cook for about three minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook another 30 seconds. Do not brown.
- Add the heavy cream and bring a simmer.
- Add the diced potatoes and cook, simmering with a cover, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are just tender.
- Finish by stirring in the tomatoes, basil and seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve and enjoy!