This recipe makes six to eight portions.
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 2 cups onion, sliced
- 4 cup carrots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 small head cabbage, cored and sliced
- I package kielbasa, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. whole coriander seed crushed
- ½ Tsp. curry powder
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Mustard and chive for garnish
- In a large sauce pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat and add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally until the onions just start to brown.
- Add the carrots and slice garlic and stir in well. Cook for three to five minutes more.
- Toss in the sliced cabbage, chopped kielbasa, coriander and curry powder. Pour in the white wine. Bring to a simmer.
- Then add the cider vinegar, maple syrup and chicken broth. Return to a simmer and turn to medium-low.
- Cook slowly until carrots and cabbage are soft and liquid is reduced.
- Divide into bowls and top with mustard and chives.