Cream Topping Ingredients
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar
• 2 cups mascarpone cheese, softened
• 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
• 4 tablespoons confectioners sugar
• 4 tablespoons coffee liqueur (such as Kahlua)
• 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
• 4-6 package amaretti cookies
• Sliced berries (strawberries and blueberries)
• 1/2 cup chocolate, chopped or shaved for garnish)
• Mint leaves for garnish
1. In a medium mixing bowl add whipping cream and beat for 4 minutes. Add in confectioners and vanilla then continue to mix until you have the consistency of whipped cream. About 3 additional minutes. Set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl using your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer or wire whisk) beat the mascarpone, heavy whipping cream, confectioners’ sugar just smooth. Add in coffee liquor and instant coffee and mix until combined
3. Take four wine or parfait glasses and add about 3 tablespoons of the mascarpone mixture to coat the bottom. Then add some sliced berries. Top with another scoop (about 1 tablespoon or more) of masarpone. Next crumble an amaretti cookie. Top with whipped cream then garnish with shaved chocolate and mint.
4. The parfaits can be made several hours before serving. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
5. Chill for at least 1 hour prior to serving.