- 1 Lb. fingerling potatoes - washed, patted dry, cut in half or in quarters lengthwise
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Egg - place in warm water for 5 minutes to come to room temperature
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 Garlic cloves - crushed
- 1 Cup canola oil
- To taste Kosher salt, Chipotle pepper paste, sugar, and black pepper to taste
Preparation (Serves four)
- Preheat oven to 450 ºF. Place cut potatoes in a bowl and toss with the extra virgin olive oil, seasoning generously to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the cut side is deep golden. Meanwhile prepare aioli dipping sauce.
- Using the bowl of a small food processor add the egg, vinegar, garlic, and salt. Place top on and turn machine on to whip. With the machine running, gradually and very slowly drizzle in the oil until all the oil is added. Season to taste with salt, chipotle paste, sugar, and pepper. Transfer to a container and chill promptly. Serve with oven roasted fries. Enjoy!
Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.com