This recipe serves four.
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups Potatoes-skin on, diced ½”
- 1 Cup Onions-diced ½”
- 2 ½ Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese-grated
- ½ Cup Milk-optional
- 2 Cups Wild Garlic Mustard Greens or Arugula-packed
- To Taste Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 400f. Lay diced potatoes and onions in a single layer separately on their own sheet pan. Lightly coat both with the vegetable oil and roast in oven stirring occasionally for about 25 minutes or until medium golden in color.
- Place the roasted potatoes and onions in soup pot, add the broth, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are very tender. Puree to your desired consistency using a hand blender. Place soup back on medium heat and while whisking, gradually add the cheese. If desired, stir in the milk. Return to a simmer. Add the greens, cooking just to wilt. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. If soup is too thick, add more broth or water to your desired thickness is achieved. Garnish with more greens and shredded cheddar. Enjoy!
Please visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page.