- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup onions, diced small
- ½ cup carrots, diced small
- 2 cups boiled potatoes, diced 1-inch
- 3 cups broth from cooked corned beef, or use chicken broth
- 1cup boiled cabbage, chopped
- 1cup corned beef, cooked and shredded
- Dijon mustard, salt and black pepper to taste
Heat a heavy-bottom saucepan on medium-heat with butter. Add the onions and carrots, cook for about three minutes or until softened and sweet smelling.
As Seen On
Add potatoes and broth. Cover, bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are very softened.
If a brothy soup is desired, simply add the cabbage, corned beef and season to taste with salt and pepper.
If you want a thick, hearty soup, puree the soup, add the cooked cabbage, corned beef and season to taste with Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
If soup is too thick for you after pureeing, add a little more of the broth. If too thin, bring soup to a boil, remove lid and simmer down until thickened. Garnish with fresh chives and a dallop of sour cream if desired.