Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle deep conditioner in purple squeezable bottle form.
Last night we went to a presentation for Aussie/Clairol Spring hair trends and re-discovered the actual miracle product that is called 3 Minute Miracle. It's taken on many physical forms on the drug store shelf, from a white spritzer to presently a purple squeeze bottle with suction closure and snarky tag-lines, but the final product is always the same. Deep conditioning in (as it says) 3 minutes, the ultimate in-shower treat. Best of all, it's found at most drug stores and barely breaks at under $5 a bottle.
We chatted with Aussie stylist expert, Sarah Potempa, and other attending beauty bloggers to get their favorite uses for 5MM, which apparently, is not just for deep conditioning anymore:
1. Use as a heat protector: Before styling with a blow dryer, curling or straightening iron or rollers, lightly pat your hair down with a super thin layer 3MM for a moisture lock that won't be smoked out.
2. Use it like SPF30: When the weather warms up, so does the stress on your hair. Potempa told us 3MM is a great protector from the sun and chlorine. Using a small amount the way you'd use any other smoothing product keeps your hair's risk down.
3. Use it as leave-in conditioner: A friend of ours with curlier-than-thou hair claims she slathered on the 3MM and leaves it in all day, unnoticed, letting it take its time taming her curls and deep condition for a full 24 hours.
4. Use it as a smoother: This might be a given, but Aussie also recommended taking a dab of this super thick conditioner and smearing it over the tips of your hair will polish off your look and slick down any split-ends and fly-aways.
5. Use it as a color protector: Potempa also chimed in that 3MM is a great option for color-treated hair and regular use of the product in the shower can protect your shade from stripping.
BUY IT: Find Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle in drugstores and mass market retailers for about $3.25 or order online.