Fire Destroys Avon Garage

The fire sent a huge plume of black smoke into the sky on Monday.

Monday, Jan 21, 2013  |  Updated 3:52 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Fire Destroys Avon Garage

NBC Connecticut/Dan Lee

Fire destroyed a detached garage on West Avon Road in Avon on Monday.

Fire destroyed a garage in Avon Monday.

Firefighters responded to a home at 635 West Avon Road around 12:20 p.m. and found a detached garage fully involved. The flames sent a huge plume of black smoke into the sky. There was plastic in the garage that caused the think smoke as it burned, according to fire officials.

One person was home at the time the fire broke out, but was not injured. The home itself was not damaged by the fire, officials said.

The garage had to be torn down.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
9/27-9/28 - Get Fit With NBC Connecticut!
The Health & Wellness Festival is back in... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out