Man and Dog Rescued from Fire in Somers

Friday, Nov 16, 2012  |  Updated 7:32 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Man and Dog Rescued from Fire in Somers

advertisement

A man is hospitalized to be treated for smoke inhalation after he and his dog were rescued during a fire at his home at 573 Hall Hill Road in Somers.

The fire started in the kitchen, officials said. The flames were contained to the first floor, but the homeowner and his dog were trapped upstairs.

Gary Schiessl, the chief of the Somers Fire Department, said the firefighters had to act quickly because the homeowner was inside.

“Luckily there was not fire, just a lot of smoke (and a) clear path to drag him downstairs,” Schiessl said.

The man, whose name has not been released, was conscious when he was transported to Johnson Memorial Medical Center.

Get the latest from NBC Connecticut anytimeiPhone/iPad/Android App | SMS AlertsTwitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Get Fit With NBC Connecticut!
The Health & Wellness Festival is back in... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out