Manchester Stores Evacuated in Carbon Monoxide Scare

Tuesday, Feb 5, 2013  |  Updated 5:16 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Manchester Stores Evacuated in Carbon Monoxide Scare

NBC Connecticut/Ilana Gold

Firefighters responded to the Big Lots at 1470 Pleasant Valley Road in Manchester Tuesday after elevated levels of carbon monoxide were detected. The store was evacuated.

advertisement

Three stores in Manchester were evacuated due to possibly elevated levels of carbon monoxide Tuesday afternoon.

Firefighters responded to the Big Lots at 1470 Pleasant Valley Road shortly before 3:30 p.m. The store was evacuated as a precaution.  An iParty store and a Dollar Tree store nearby were also evacuated as a precaution.

Firefighters determined the carbon monoxide was coming from the heating system at Big Lots.

Dollar Tree and iParty were allowed to reopen around 5 p.m.  It was not clear when Big Lots would reopen.

Get the latest from NBC Connecticut anytimeiPhone/iPad/Android App | SMS AlertsTwitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Get Fit With NBC Connecticut!
The Health & Wellness Festival is back in... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out