Manchester Stores Evacuated in Carbon Monoxide Scare

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    TK
    NBC Connecticut/Ilana Gold
    Firefighters responded to the Big Lots at 1470 Pleasant Valley Road in Manchester Tuesday after elevated levels of carbon monoxide were detected. The store was evacuated.

    Three stores in Manchester were evacuated due to possibly elevated levels of carbon monoxide Tuesday afternoon.

    Firefighters responded to the Big Lots at 1470 Pleasant Valley Road shortly before 3:30 p.m. The store was evacuated as a precaution.  An iParty store and a Dollar Tree store nearby were also evacuated as a precaution.

    Firefighters determined the carbon monoxide was coming from the heating system at Big Lots.

    Dollar Tree and iParty were allowed to reopen around 5 p.m.  It was not clear when Big Lots would reopen.

    Get the latest from NBC Connecticut anytimeiPhone/iPad/Android App | SMS AlertsTwitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS