This recipe makes six portions.
- 3½-4 pound boneless chuck roast
- 6 strips bacon
- 3 cup small diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup red wine
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup one-inch diced carrots
- 4 cups one-inch cubed potatoes
- 2 cups beef stock
- Place the bacon, onion, garlic, red wine, ketchup, soy sauce and black pepper in a food processor and puree until you have a smooth paste.
- Place the chuck roast in the pot of the slow cooker and coat well with marinade from the food processor. Leave covered in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, take it out of the refrigerator and add the diced carrots, cubed potatoes and beef stock. Place back in the slow cooker base and turn to low.
- Cook for eight to nine hours.