This recipe makes about eight truffles.
- 5 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped fine
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. butter, unsalted
- 1 tbsp. liqueur, Gran Marnier, Chambord, Frangelico, etc.
- As needed, cocoa powder to dust the truffles
- Place chopped chocolate in bowl. Bring cream, butter and sugar to a boil.Pour hot cream over chocolate and stir to melt. Flavor with liqueur of choice if desired.
- Place mixture in shallow container and refrigerate about an hour until completely set.
- Using a melon baller, scoop even balls and place them on plate of cocoa powder. (The scoop can be preheated by dipping in hot water between scoops.)
- Using your hands, roll each ball to compact and firm, then drop back into cocoa powder and roll to evenly coat.Shake excess cocoa powder off each truffle using a basket sifter if desired.
- Place in decorative foil cups or on platter and serve.