March is World Kidney Month and it's a great time to learn more about your kidneys here.
Your kidneys are your body’s filters, removing waste and excess fluid. They also balance chemicals, control blood pressure, and keep your bones strong.
Kidney disease facts:
• 1 in 3 American adults—73 million people—is at risk for kidney disease.
• 1 in 9 American adults—26 million people—has kidney disease— and most don’t know it.
• Early detection and treatment can slow or prevent the progression of kidney disease.
Learn your risks. Risk factors include:
• High blood pressure
• Family history of kidney failure
• Age 60 and over
• African American, Hispanic, Asian, American Indian, or Pacific Islander
• Obesity (BMI of 30 or above)
Register here to join a walk near you:
April 26- Hartford/Springfield
May 16- Fairfield County