Electrical Fire Destroys Stamford Home - NBC Connecticut

Electrical Fire Destroys Stamford Home



    Electrical Fire Destroys Stamford Home
    Fire destroyed a home on Bittersweet Lane in Stamford early Wednesday morning.

    An overloaded electrical plug burst into a flames and caused a raging fire that destroyed a Stamford home early Wednesday morning, according to the Stamford fire marshal's office.

    The 3,000-square-foot house at 29 Bittersweet Lane was already engulfed when firefighters arrived just before 12:30 a.m., the fire department said.

    One of the homeowners' dogs woke up two adults sleeping in the house. The residents realized the back of the home was on fire and got out safely, according to the fire marshal's office.

    Two other dogs didn't make it out of the burning home.

    Firefighters said explosions reported at the home could have been the result of gas grills igniting on the back deck.

    The fire marshal's office said the flames were sparked by an overloaded electrical outlet.