Man Secretly Recorded Women in Tight Clothing at The Shoppes at Buckland Hills: Manchester Police - NBC Connecticut

Man Secretly Recorded Women in Tight Clothing at The Shoppes at Buckland Hills: Manchester Police

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Man Secretly Recorded Women in Tight Clothing at Mall: PD

    A Rocky Hill man has been banned from The Shoppes at Buckland Hills in Manchester after accusations that he followed women around the mall and recorded them without their knowledge.

    (Published Thursday, June 14, 2018)

    A Rocky Hill man has been banned from The Shoppes at Buckland Hills in Manchester after accusations that he followed women around the mall and recorded them without their knowledge.

    Police said 31-year-old Zachary Buckley faces a breach of peace charge.

    According to the incident report, Manchester police responded to the mall Sunday at mall security’s request. Security reported that a man at the mall had followed women around the previous week and recorded them. Someone had previously filed a complaint with security about the man, according to the report.

    An officer responded and found the suspect, identified as Buckley. According to the report, Buckley admitted to taking videos of women on the escalator that afternoon and agreed to show it to the officer.

    “The video showed Buckley following a woman onto the escalator and then recovering the woman’s buttox very close up,” the report reads. The responding officer also reported that Buckley had a video of another woman who was wearing “very short, tight shorts.” The officer noted the women did not appear to be juveniles.

    Police said that Buckley admitted to coming to the mall often to record women wearing tight clothing.

    Buckley, who had no criminal record, was arrested and charged with second-degree breach of peace. He is due in court on June 28.

    When police seized and searched his phone, they found multiple similar videos.

    Mall security issued Buckley a written trespass notice that bans him from mall property for five years. 

    NBC Connecticut attempted to make contact with Buckley, but did not succeed.

    NBC Connecticut reached out to the mall for comment, but has not heard back.

    Get the latest from NBC Connecticut anywhere, anytime