Re-Arrest Ordered for Man Accused of Running Over and Killing Wife - NBC Connecticut

Re-Arrest Ordered for Man Accused of Running Over and Killing Wife

He did not appear in court Friday morning to answer to the original charges

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Man Accused of Running Over Wife in North Haven

    A North Haven man is accused of running over his wife and killing her after an argument, according to police.

    (Published Friday, May 11, 2018)

    A woman died after her husband ran over her in a North Haven driveway last night, according to police, and he did not appear in court Friday morning to answer to the original charges.

    Police said they responded to Scrub Oak Road at 7:20 p.m. Thursday after receiving reports that a woman had been hit by a car and the woman’s husband, Francesco Suppa, told authorities it was an accident, according to police.

    As police investigated, they learned the couple had been involved in a dispute before the woman was struck.

    They said Suppa started his vehicle, sped in reverse down his driveway toward Scrub Oak Road, hit his wife and dragged her before stopping and driving forward.

    Husband Accused of Running Over Wife

    [HAR] Husband Accused of Running Over Wife

    Police are investigating the death of a woman in North Haven and they have charged her husband with assault. Police said he is accused of running her over in the driveway and dragging her.

    (Published Friday, May 11, 2018)

    The victim had serious life-threatening injuries and was transported to an area hospital Thursday and Suppa was taken into custody and charged with assault in the first degree and he was released after posting a $50,000 bond.

    On Friday morning, police said the woman died from the injuries. Police have not released her name and said this is an ongoing domestic violence investigation.

    Suppa was supposed to be arraigned Friday, but did not show up in court. NBC Connecticut went to his house Friday and there was no answer.

    The state has filed a document to change the charges from assault to second-degree manslaughter and the judge has issued an order for Suppa’s re-arrest.

    The bond on the warrant is set at $750,000 cash surety.

    It's not clear if Suppa has an attorney.



    Get the latest from NBC Connecticut anywhere, anytime