AXE Body Spray Sets Off School Alarm - NBC Connecticut

AXE Body Spray Sets Off School Alarm

A high school student used an "overabundance" of body spray, officials said.



    5 Way to Maintain Your Mobile Lifestyle . . . for Less
    Getty Images for AXE
    PARK CITY, UT - JANUARY 17: DJ Steve Aoki spins at the "AXE Fix Club" held during the 2009 Sundance Film Festival and celebrating the new line of AXE body washes and sprays on January 17, 2009 in Park City, Utah. (Photo by Michael Buckner/Getty Images for AXE) *** Local Caption *** DJ Steve Aoki

    The latest commercial for AXE products shows motorcycles going through windows, clowns on fire and ends with the message "unleash the chaos."

    What happened at Middletown High School on Thursday came nowhere near that, but it did cause some "chaos" when a student’s excessive use of the body spray set off a fire alarm.

    A student used so much of the body spray in the locker room that it created a cloud of mist right below a heat sensor, which tripped the fire alarm.

    Firefighters were called to the high school shortly after 3 p.m. Thursday.

    Firefighters allowed students and teachers to return to the building shortly after arriving and officials deemed the call a "routine accidental."