Baby Rushed to Hospital After Swallowing Cocaine

An 11-month old Waterbury boy could have very well suffered a drug overdose and police believe his mother, Kenya Brown, is to blame.

The horrible story, fortunately has a happy ending. He was rushed to the hospital on Tuesday after swallowing cocaine but will be fine.

However, before being treated by paramedics, the infant was reportedly sickly and pale and Brown told police he appeared to be suffering from seizures. 

According to a warrant for Brown’s arrest, a doctor told police that the child had swallowed cocaine within six hours of being brought to the hospital.

The 28-year old mom told police she had gone out with friends on Monday night and left her child in the care of her 24 year-old roommate, Leshonda Davis.

Apparently, when mom got home around 2 a.m. on Tuesday, she noticed her son was very sick and called 911.  Police also said they found a loaded revolver tucked inside a leather jacket that was hanging in the closet of the infant's room.

The 11-month-old was discharged from the hospital at about 4 p.m. on Wednesday, according to a hospital spokesman.

Brown's children are now in Department of Children and Families custody. She is being held on $50,000 bond and charged with criminal possession of a pistol, risk of injury and possession of narcotics.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us