Emergency Crews Respond to Fire in Newington

Emergency crews have responded to a fire on Pheasant Run in Newington.

A passerby called the fire department after seeing the house's garage on fire, Fire Marshal of Newington Chris Schroeder said.

An elderly couple was still in the house when officials arrived but were safely removed from the house, Schroeder said. 

Explosions heard outside the house were aerosol cans typically found inside of garages. 

Officials are still looking for the cause but they said it appears to be accidental.

The couple will stay with their son as the house is not livable in its current state.

No information was available, but photos from the scene show heavy fire.

Contact Us