Bathroom Fan Caused House Fire in Stratford: Officials

Fire caused extensive damage to the home at 266 Brooklawn Road in Stratford early this morning and investigators have determined that it started when an exhaust fan in the second-floor bathroom failed.

Three family members, four dogs and two cats were inside the house when the fire started shortly after 3 a.m. and were all able to get out safely. 

The fire extended through the roof and exterior wall, officials said.

The damage was contained to the bathroom and exterior wall, but the cost to make repairs could exceed $30,000, according to a statement from Deputy Chief Brian Lampart.

The residents were allowed back in the home to gather some belongings, but will not be able to stay in their home for the time being.


Contact Us