Gas Leak in Shelton Over

There was a gas leak in the area of 500 Howe Avenue in Shelton this morning, but it has been fixed.

Officials said a pot was left on a burner at a restaurant overnight.

The gas leak happened about a block away from a devastating fire that collapsed a building and changed an entire block earlier this week.

Crews are also working on removing debris from the fire on Howe Street earlier this week.

Howe Avenue will be closed between Bridge and Center streets from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. today because of the fire investigation, police said.

Contact Us