Hamden Firefighters Quickly Extinguish Roof Fire

NBC Connecticut

A house fire in Hamden was quickly put out on Thursday afternoon, according to the Hamden Fire Department.

It happened on Harmon Street, where firefighters say a neighbor called 911 after seeing smoke coming from the roof.

The fire department says their team reached the attic of the house, where they say smoke was coming from a roof solar panel. Firefighters found the active fire in the area of the rafters beneath one of the solar panels.

Hamden Fire Department
Hamden Firefighters respond to a fire on Harmon Street on Thursday.

The fire was quickly extinguished. Firefighters say no people were home, but a dog was safely evacuated from the home while crews put out the fire.

Contact Us