A South Windsor Parks and Recreation building is closed because of a natural gas issue over the weekend.
On Sunday, firefighters were called to the old Wapping Elementary School, which is currently the parks and recreation building, for a "gas issue" in the basement boiler room and the building will remain closed for inspection and repairs.
One person was in the room at the time of the incident and was evaluated but refused medical treatment.
The preschool programs were canceled for Monday and parents were notified.
Meetings and other programs scheduled for Monday evening have not been cancelled. Repairs are underway and a determination will be made later today on whether they will go on.
Town officials said the staff is working to notify people who are impacted.