This recipe serves four.
- 1 Red Onion-peeled, cut in half crosswise and very thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- ¼ Cup Cider Vinegar-more or less as needed depending on pickling jar
- 1 Lb. Cooked, Shredded Pork
- ¼ Cup Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
- 8 Corn Tortillas-warmed
- ½ Cup Finely Diced Mango
- 1 Cup Finely Shredded Lettuce
- 4 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- To prepare the pickled red onions toss the salt with the sliced onions in a glass or porcelain bowl. Let sit 10 minutes or until wilted. Rinse excess salt out, drain and squeeze out excess water. Pack onions into a small jar and add enough vinegar to cover onions. Let sit 15 minutes or longer under refrigeration. Reserve to serve with tacos.
- To prepare tacos, heat up the pork with your bbq sauce. Reserve.
- Griddle the tortillas.
- To assemble, lay out the tortillas. Divide the lettuce, cilantro, mango, pickled red onions and pork evenly. Serve and enjoy!
Please Visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page.