20 Each Asparagus Spears-tough bottoms trimmed, peeled if larger
4 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
4 Tbsp. Fresh Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
2 Tbsp. Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Hard Cooked Eggs-peeled, chopped finely
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
• Bring large pot of salted water to a rapid boil, and add the asparagus in two separate batches (12 spears at a time)to the rapidly boiling water for about 3 minutes just until tendercrisp, check by tasting one for your desired tenderness. Do not allow the water to stop boiling. You may need to cook the asparagus 3 or more batches.
• Drain and place 5 spears on warm plates.
• While the asparagus is cooking, melt the butter in a sauté pan over medium heat.
• Add the olive oil and bread crumbs.
• Cook stirring until the bread crumbs become an even golden color. Stir in the parsley, Parmesan cheese and chopped eggs, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
• Divide mixture over the four plates of asparagus.