- 6 ear of corn – shucked and grilled on high until brown and nicely charred
- 1/4 cup small diced red onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 fresh tomatoes core removed and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
Cut the kernels off the cob and place in a large mixing bowl.
Add the diced onion, minced garlic, chopped tomato, sliced basil and chopped kalamata olives.
Mix in the balsamic vinegar, olive oil and black pepper. Taste and adjust with salt if necessary.
Serve with grilled shrimp, chicken, or fish.
Recipe makes about 1 quart.