- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cups chopped yellow onion (1 large onion)
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups arborio or basmati rice, cooked
- 1 28-ounce can San Marzano tomatoes
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds cooked lobster meat
- 1/2 – 3/4 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound kielbasa, sliced 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 Lemons, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof Dutch oven. Add the onions and cook over medium-low heat for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the bell peppers and cook over medium heat for five more minutes. Lower the heat, add the garlic, and cook for one minute longer.
- Stir in the rice, tomatoes, chicken stock, saffron, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and place it in the oven. After 15 minutes, stir the rice gently with a wooden spoon, and return it to the oven to bake uncovered for 10 to 15 more minutes, until the rice is fully cooked.
- Transfer the paella back to the stove top. Add the shrimp, and cook the paella over medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the lobster, kielbasa, and peas and stir gently. Cover the paella, and allow it to steam for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley, garnish with lemon wedges, and serve hot
Directions for Grill
- Heat the grill to 625 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take Paella pan and set over coals and coat with olive oil.
- Open bottom vent.
- Follow directions above but do no remove from the grill, just lower the temperature as needed. Right before serving add in lobster and parsley and lemon wedges then using an oven mit remove from grill and bring over to your table! Enjoy
- Cooking spray
- 1 (16-ounce) bag (2 cups) frozen blueberries (keep frozen until ready to use) or Fresh
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk (regular, low fat or skim)
- Ice cream or Cream, for plating, optional
- Blueberries, for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 9-by 12-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the blueberries and 1/2 cup of the sugar.
- Toss to combine and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup sugar, the flour, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and milk together until smooth.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, then scatter the blueberries over the batter, letting them sink in, without mixing.
- Bake until the top is golden brown, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Spoon the cobbler into bowls and top with ice cream and/or blueberries, if using.
- Directions for Grilling Blueberry Cobler
- Heat your grill to medium
- Use a cast iron pan or your favorite pan and generously coat with olive oil or butter.
- Follow directions above and set on your grill