- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups Potatoes-skin on, diced ½”
- 1 Cup Onions-diced ½”
- 2 ½ Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- ½ Cup Jack Cheese-grated
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream or Milk-optional
- ½ Cup Red Bell Peppers-chopped
- ½ Cup Corn Kernels-frozen thawed or canned drained
- 4 Tbsp. Scallions ,Chives, or Cilantro-chopped
- Chipotle Sauce, Salt, and Black Pepper to Taste
Preheat oven to 450°f. Lay diced potatoes and onions in a single layer separately on their own sheet pan. Lightly coat both with the vegetable oil and roast in oven stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes or until medium golden in color.
Place the roasted potatoes and onions in soup pot, add the broth, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are very tender. Puree to your desired consistency using a hand blender. Place soup back on medium heat and while whisking, gradually add the jack cheese. If desired, stir in the heavy cream. Add the peppers, corn, scallions, seasoning to taste with the chiptole sauce, salt, and black pepper. If soup is too thick, add more broth or water to your desired thickness is achieved. Garnish with chopped scallions, shredded jack. Serves 4.