• 8-10 large sea scallops, cleaned and cut into small dice
• 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
• 1 poblano pepper, seeded and cut in small dice
• ½ red pepper, seeded and cut into small dice
• ½ yellow pepper, seeded and cut into small dice
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• ¼ tsp of Tabasco sauce
• 2 limes or lemon, juiced
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Sliced chives for garnish
Mango and Papaya mix:
• 1 ripe mango
• 5 ounces of papaya
Mix together and season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Set aside until service.
Combine the scallops, cilantro, peppers, olive oil, and Tabasco sauce. Add lime/lemon juice and remove the seeds.
Add it to the scallops, season with salt and pepper.
Marinate in the refrigerator from 1 to 6 hours.
At time of service place the papaya and mango mix at the bottom of servicing tray, spoon the scallop seviche on the top. Garnish each seviche with sliced chive herb, and serve immediately.
For tickets to the My City Kitchen Extravaganza visit www.mycitykitchen.eventbrite.com