- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2 cups ¾-inch diced chicken breast
- 1 cup small diced red onion
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tbsp. corn starch mixed with 3 tbsp. cold water
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
Heat a medium-sized pot on high heat.
Add the oil and sear the chicken until slightly browned on one side. Carefully turn the chicken over and add diced red onion. Cook for one minute.
As Seen On
Mix well, incorporate the salt and paprika and cook for an additional minute over medium-low heat. Add the corn, tomatoes and white wine, and cook until reduced by half.
Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. While stirring, mix in the corn starch and water slurry. Finish with basil, butter and a few grinds of black pepper.
Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt if necessary. Makes four servings over rice or six servings mixed with pasta.