- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 3 plum tomatoes, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 limes, finely grated zest and juice
- salt and black pepper
- 8 flat tostada shells (packaged or homemade)
- 1 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- cilantro sprigs
- 2 limes, quartered
Put the crabmeat in a bowl. Pick through it with your fingers to remove any cartilage. Add the oil, mayonnaise, onion, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro and lime zest and juice to the crabmeat.
As Seen On
Using a rubber spatula or spoon, gently fold (or toss) all ingredients until well-blended. Season well with salt and pepper. Top each tostada shell with a few slices of avocado, place a generous serving of the crabmeat mixture over it and garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
Serve each with a lime wedge.