This recipe serves four people.
- 2 cups pumpkin or winter squash, peeled, seeded and diced into ¾-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds, patted dry
- 2 Tsp. canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 Tsp. honey
- 1 Tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 apple, diced
- 4 cups salad greens, any favorite
- To taste fine sea salt, pepper and sugar
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the squash in a bowl and toss it with the first measure of canola oil, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lay out on sheet pan in one even layer. Place in an oven and roast for about 25 minutes or until are tender and lightly browned. Reserve.
- Toss the pumpkin seeds with the second measure of canola oil, seasoning heavily with fine sea salt. Lay out in a single layer in a microwave safe plate.
- Microwave on high for about 2 minutes. Remove, let cool briefly and check for crispness. Repeat by adding another minute at a time and check. It might take as long as 5 to 6 minutes to get crisp. When crisp and golden, cool and reserve for the salad.
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey and mustard. Gradually drizzle in second measure of canola oil while whisking to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, combine in a bowl the salad greens, roasted squash, and apples.
- Coat with enough dressing to evenly moisten. Divide onto serving plates and garnish with the toasted pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!