- 6 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons oil, as needed
- 8 ounces chicken breast, sliced thinly
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 plum tomato, cut in half and sliced thinly
- ¼ cup prepared tomato sauce
- Hot sauce to taste
- 6 Kaiser rolls
In a large pan, add the chopped bacon and a dash of oil. Set over medium-high heat and cook until slightly crispy. Remove to a pan, but leave in as much oil as you can.
Taste Of Today
Toss the sliced chicken breast with the paprika and the salt and place in the hot pan. Cook over the medium-high heat, stirring often until the chicken is just about cooked. Remove from pan with the bacon.
Place the pan back on the heat with as much as the oil as you can and add the sliced onion. Add more oil if needed.
Cook the onions until nicely caramelized. Add the sliced tomatoes and stir in well. Next, add back the sliced chicken and bacon and mix well.
Pour in the tomato sauce and hot sauce to taste and bring to a simmer. Cook until thick and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Divide onto six toasted Kaiser rolls and serve.