This recipes serves four.
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup onions, sliced
- 1 cup Asian cabbage, shredded
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk. Shake the can before opening
- 1 pork chop, grilled or roasted and sliced thinly
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ lb. rice noodles, soaked in hot water 30 minutes, drained
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- To taste, sweet chile sauce
- To taste, kosher salt, soy sauce or fish sauce
- In a saucepan on medium-high heat, add the oil and onions. Cook, stirring for about two minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add the cabbage, cook 60 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, bring to a gentle simmer.
- Stir in the coconut milk, bring to a simmer.
- Add the pork slices and cilantro leaves.
- Heat to a simmer.
- Season to taste with salt, soy, or fish sauce, and sweet chile sauce.
- Divide the rice noodles among four soup bowls. Ladle the hot soup over and garnish with the shredded lettuce and lime wedges. Enjoy!