- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Onions-diced
- 1/4 Cup Carrots-peeled and diced
- ¼ Cup Celery-diced
- 2 tsp. Chipotle Paste
- 2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Ground Coriander
- 1 1/2 Cups Dry Lentils-sorted of any stones, etc. rinsed
- 4 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth-or substitute water
- Salt, Black Pepper, and Red Wine Vinegar To Taste
- Heat saucepan on medium heat. Add olive oil, onions, carrots and celery. Cook stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes or until onions are very softened and sweet smelling.
- Add the chipotle paste, cumin, and coriander, cook for another 1 minute. Add the lentils and the broth to cover all the ingredients.
- Place lid on pot and simmer for about 30 minutes or until everything is very tender. If a thicker soup is desired, puree or mash up some of the lentils and return soup to a boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve. Enjoy!
Please visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page.