Embers Spark Trumbull House Fire | NBC Connecticut

Embers Spark Trumbull House Fire

A container filled with ashes caused the blaze, according to fire officials.



    Fire officials in Trumbull are calling an early-morning house fire a close call.

    Firefighters were called to a home on 8 Elmwood Ave. around 5:30 a.m. Sunday morning. Officials said that when they arrived the front of the home was up in flames.

    Embers Spark Trumbull House Fire

    [HAR] Embers Spark Trumbull House Fire
    Improperly disposed of embers cause a fire in Trumbull, less than a month after a fatal ember related fire in Stamford. (Published Monday, Jan. 23, 2012)

    Officials said that a person living at the home left fireplace embers in a plastic container against the exterior of the home.

    The embers caught fire and caused heavy damage to the home's siding and garage, but no injuries were reported.

    There were no working smoke detectors in the house, according to the fire department.

    Officials said the fire could have ended like the Stamford Christmas Day fire if the fire department had not been located just right up the block from the home.